Founded in 2018, Foodspace has the goal of revolutionizing the food sector with technology that will power transparency and efficiency. Our proprietary technology powered by cutting-edge AI, Machine Learning and Computer Vision ensures PIM (Product Information Management) quality data in seconds, with 100% accuracy for leading CPG brands and retailers.
At Foodspace, you will join a team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry to make change in an untapped industry. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but also tackling key initiatives with meaningful impacts. Our team is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
We're looking for the right person to join our close-knit team and help take our foundational product and early-stage startup to the next level.
The Vice President of Marketing is an innovative and energetic leader that plays an integral role in driving revenue growth for the company. Reporting to the Head of Growth, you’ll create and execute a scalable marketing strategy and drive the successful execution of the marketing plan across the customer lifecycle to achieve new business pipeline and revenue targets. With a knack for empowering high-performing teams and getting things done, you will be accountable for ensuring that every element of our funnel is optimized and delivering excellent results. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of effective demand generation programs with an emphasis on lead generation, pipeline creation, and nurturing prospects/clients along the buyer’s journey.
The successful candidate will be an experienced sales and marketing leader with a proven record delivering predictable and sustainable results in evolving and rapidly-growing environments. Additionally, they are comfortable with both the analytical and creative sides of marketing while leading with a desire to create a model that is both innovative in the industry and maximizes Foodspace’s revenue growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Foodspace's customer acquisition strategy and operational plan to deliver on revenue targets. Create the marketing plan including methods for market penetration, customer acquisition, as well as customer retention and expansion.
- Develop inbound/outbound lead generation strategy for digital and offline channels including: Social, Events, Webinars, Email, Associations and Industry Influencers, Websites/SEO, Review Sites, SEM/ PPC, Display/Re-targeting, and Offline Channels.
- Lead a consistent test-and-learn process to optimize conversion, including rigorous A/B testing and analytics review. Enhance and manage the lead management process to improve pipeline conversion.
- Optimize our demand generation strategy and associated initiatives to support our aggressive pipeline goals, increase the number of qualified opportunities, accelerate pipeline velocity, and pipeline creation.
- Drive a consistently expanding stream of unique visitors to Foodspacetech.com via a coordinated strategy of content marketing, paid media, and SEO optimization.
- Manage the content marketing team of writers and digital producers.
- Manage the website management and analytics team.
- Gain an expert-level understanding of our ideal customer profile and buyer characteristics to ensure that all demand programs are well aligned to our buyer.
- Create and execute email digital nurture and conversion campaigns that convert visitors (and potential trial users) into buyers.
- Oversee daily and weekly conversion funnel reporting and associated self-service analytics.
- Manage Revenue Operations (when we implement this) including the marketing budget, demand gen technology, reporting, and dashboards to demonstrate revenue impact and ROI.
- Own our social media presence via Twitter, Facebook, and other relevant outlets as needed (eg: YouTube, Quora).
- Identify lighthouse customer wins and integrate their success stories into our demand generation messaging and campaigns.
- Work with the Sales and Customer Success teams to develop strategies and tactics to increase customer acquisition, activation, and retention.
- Create sales enablement materials such as standard presentations, demo scripts, data sheets, solution briefs, videos, messaging guides, white papers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 8+ years experience driving revenue impact through marketing
- 3+ years experience leading and managing a team of direct reports, freelancers and agencies
- Thrives in metrics and data-driven environments
- Consideration given to candidates that have worked with CPG brands or retailers
- Experience with Marketing Automation required.
- Experience with Web Analytics (Google Analytics experience a plus)
- Experience with Salesforce CRM Experience in account-based marketing tactics
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of web strategy
- Excellent strategic thinking and leadership skills, including influencing
- Extremely results-oriented
- Creative and collaborative
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Robust written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt and multi-task
- Flexibility and eagerness to be part of a rapidly growing and evolving tech company
- Extremely sharp problem-solving skills
- Advanced degree in a related field
Why should you care about this role (and Foodspace)?
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and have a major impact and influence over the revenue stream of a fast-growing startup in an untapped market.
- We are transforming the future of food using AI/ML/Computer Vision - the technology of the future, today.
- You will have the agency to solve difficult problems creatively, the freedom to explore work that inspires you, and the infrastructure to ensure you’re constantly challenged and developing.
- You will build a revenue engine that will directly impact Foodspace’s growth trajectory.
- Opportunity to grow a small, dynamic company with a very bright future.
- Despite being in early stages, Foodspace is recognized as a company to watch!
- Our commitment to empowering a diverse and inclusive workforce and creating a safe space for our employees to bring their whole selves to work is second to none.
- We truly love what we do and who we do it with - and we think you will too.
- Delivery of Quality Leads/Pipeline Generation
- Revenue Growth
- Average Deal Size
- Close Rate
- Pipeline Value
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Other Offered Benefits
- 401k with match up to 5%
- Generous PTO
- We are a small, lean startup that moves very quickly, but offers independence and flexible working hours.
- Opportunity to be part and influence a fast-paced, growing organization!
- Competitive salary based on skills & experience
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. In all of our roles, Foodspace is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity, and diverse perspectives (and more!). Our mission-obsession is truly at the core of all that we do and of the team we have built. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Foodspace is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.