Founded in 2018, foodspace has the goal of revolutionizing the food sector with technology that will power transparency and efficiency. Our proprietary technology powered by cutting-edge AI, Machine Learning and Computer Vision ensures PIM (Product Information Management) quality in seconds, with 100% accuracy for leading CPG brands and retailers.
We are seeking a talented Machine Learning Engineer to design, build, and upgrade our suite of machine learning models to the next level! Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you’ll help us train new models, tweak and evaluate existing models, and build metrics and evaluation tooling. You will be working closely with the software development team to ensure that research is transitioned efficiently to production.
On any given day, projects you might work on include:
- Writing code to evaluate and visualize model outputs
- Package and deploy models to production environment
- Perform hyperparameter and architecture search on existing models
- Create novel models to synthesize product attributes
- Troubleshoot existing models in production
- Assist in training Smart Filter technology to flag products for further review
- Experience working with deep neural networks for computer vision (CNNs, Resnet, RCNN, YOLO, Mask-RCNN)
- Proficient python programming skills
- Experience working with GPUs for accelerated computing
- Strong understanding of how to formulate a hypothesis, set up an experiment, interpret results and perform error analysis
- Experience working with traditional machine learning methods such as regression analysis and decision trees
- Experience working with Scikit-learn or equivalent in R, SAS or Matlab
- Experience working with at least one deep learning framework such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Caffe, MXNet etc.
- Experience working with deep neural networks for natural language processing (LSTMs, BERT, FastText) preferred
- Experience deploying models to production using tensorflow serving, kubeflow, mlflow, or flask/django preferred
What we offer!
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Company Paid retreats
- We are a small, lean startup that moves very quickly, but offers independence and flexible/remote working hours.
- As a small company, every member has much more influence and their contributions matter more. If you want to be a part of the growth and contribute to the culture, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skillset (estimated annual salary range for this role is 85k-135K)
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Foodspace is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status.